Friday, August 28, 2020

Week #2 - Getting Tinkery With It



   This week I kept going in TinkerCAD and made three cool drawings.  The keychain force me to learn how to use irregular shapes in combination to make something more complex, in this case a skull keychain.  I also staggered the heights of the objects to have a little fun with the Z-axis (the up and down).  The pictures of it are below...





The essential question for this week is "What is an apprenticeship program and how can I find a good one?"  I did not know much about apprenticeships before this week's class, but I was happy to hear about them.  Mr. Smith showed us a website run by the state of California that connects you with a wide array of jobs where you would follow a journeyman around learning the trade.  After a few years you would become the journeyman!  The cool thing is you get paid the whole time your are in the program and then make really good money once you graduate.  I think I will look into being an electrician!

No comments:

Post a Comment