Sunday, January 24, 2021

Week #3 - Many Ways To Make Something

   This was a pretty busy week crammed into just four days.  I spent my afternoons working in TinkerCAD, doing the toughest drawing I have yet to attempt.  We called it the Flexi-person and he was filled with tight tolerances and cool joints.  I struggled a bit getting his ball and socket joint to line up just right, but once I had it I was pretty impressed with my blooming CAD skills.  I have included a few pictures of my drawing below.




    Our essential question for this week is a pretty deep one.  We were asked what the major manufacturing processes are and which one we thought was the craziest.  Just to list them there is casting, machining, moulding, forming, joining, and additive manufacturing.  While several of them seem a little crazy, I think I would have to say that casting is the is the one that fascinates me the most.  It seems so ancient and simple, but also crazy dangerous.  And then I learn that it is ubiquitous and very versatile - I really want to try my hand at it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment