Friday, August 21, 2020

Week #1 - On The Run and Having Fun


   It has been a very strange start to all of this!  I have been doing school for most of my life, but I have never had a start to the new year where I have not physically been with the rest of my classmates.  The distance learn thing is pretty strange and hard to get used to, but I think it will come together once everything gets settled in.

   In CAD, Mr. Smith explained that we would be doing a lot of design work using the programs TinkerCAD and OnShape.  I took a quick look at them online and I think it will be fun.  Mr. Smith also promised some cool interviews with local contractors, which I am excited about because I am kind of interested in being an electrician some day.

 It was an interesting start to the year.  We jumped right into this program called TinkerCAD, and it’s freaked my out at first.  I had a little trouble moving around in the program for a bit, but then I leaned on my video game skills and made my first objects, then moved around them using my three button mouse.  The first drawing I did was of a simple wrench. It was hard to do the open end of it, and it didn’t turn out too good, but I can see how this program would be cool for 3D printing.

  I have inserted a few photos of my first drawing below... 





   The essential question for the week is what are the possible paths after high school.  We discussed seven different paths and I am sure we could come up with a few more.  There is a wide array of things I could do, everything from going straight to work to going to a few different types of colleges.  I think the one that sounds best to me is the apprenticeship route.  I like the idea of getting paid while I train, and it seems like it is the best way to become an electrician..

No comments:

Post a Comment